This year there is a strong group of filly’s with some lightly raced horses that could peak at the right time. My top four picks could go in any order.
1. I’M A CHATTERBOX
2. CONDO COMMANDO
4. STELLAR WIND
5. EKATI’S PHAETON
6. LOVELY MARIA
9. SARAH SIS
10. SHOOK UP
. I’M A CHATTERBOX- has done everything asked as a 3yr. –three straight wins. Beautiful big-strided filly shows a lot of heart.
2. CONO COMMANDO-big powerful filly, she made it look easy in the snow at Aqueduct.
3. BIRDATTHEWIRE-This filly has game, has done no worst than second. She won the Gulfstream Oaks after lots of early trouble and going wide. It seemed like when she caught up and eyed her competitors, she found another gear.
4. STELLAR WIND-out of one of my all time favorite horses Curlin; this filly won her first start against very tough company. Powerful closer, has the look of a champion. My long-shot pick and sentimental favorite.
5. EKATI’S PHAETON- gamely held off all foes in the Davona Dale, including Birdatthewire. Lots of heart.
6. LOVELY MARIA-impressive first out in the Rachel Alexandra overcoming obstacles for a strong second to I’m a Chatterbox.
7. ESKENFORMONEY- improving filly that could peak at the right time.
8. MAYBELLENE-This Lookin at Lucky filly has the look of a champion; we may be singing her name in May.
9. SARAH SIS – Romped in the Honeybee last month, another lightly raced improving filly.
10. SHOOK UP- This Tapit filly shows a lot of power, second to I’m a Chatterbox in the Fair Grounds Oaks.